Monday, June 21, 2010

Soy Yogurt

One of the few things I thought I would miss as a vegan was yogurt. I love yogurt and frozen berries. I used to always start my morning off with Kroger's Carb Master Yogurt. (Not that I was counting carbs, but this stuff has only 80 calories and 12g of protein! Not bad!) But since the yogurt is not only dairy, but also has aspartame, I had to find a replacement!

Enter, Stonybrook Farms Soy Yogurt.



When I first opened the carton, there was a layer of liquid floating on top, and it was a slightly darker color than I expected. Needless to stay, we didn't exactly get off on the right foot. But after a good stir, it looked pretty good. I added in some frozen blueberries, and Bear Naked Fit Granola and this stuff was great! It didn't have quite the tang of normal yogurt, but this stuff was pretty darn good! My only complaints are the stats, which don't quite line up with my old yogurt. It's 150 calories, and only 7g of protein, but there are no artificial sweeteners in it, so I'd say it's worth the extra calories. I might try adding a little vanilla protein powder, if I feel like I need a little protein kick.


In the end, I'd give it a 9 out of 10. I think it's a pretty good swap for regular yogurt!

No comments:

Post a Comment