Thursday, June 24, 2010

Avocado Love

So the boy has a love for all things avocado, and since I'm a fan of healthy fats, I decided we needed to make some dinner that would showcase avocado. (I figure if I'm not making the boy meat, I should at least make something he likes!) I did some googling and came across this Pesto & Avocado Recipe. I'd been craving pesto and decided we should give it a shot. We DID take a short cut, and used this pre-made Medatalia Basil Pesto that I picked up at Whole Foods. Its hard to find pesto that doesn't include parmesan cheese, so I was pretty excited about this! Dinner couldn't have been more simple. Whole wheat spaghetti, tossed with pesto and diced avocados. So how did it turn out?



It was delicious!

I forgot to take a picture of it, but we also had breaded zucchini "fries" which were a healthy take on fried zucchini. Here's what we used:

Breaded Zucchini Fries


1 giant zucchini (from my garden!)
1/2 cup Almond Milk
1 cup Fiber One
Chili powder
Garlic Powder
Black Pepper
Salt

I put everything but the milk & zucchini in the food processor and blended it up. Then we sliced up the zucchini, dipped it in the almond milk, and coated it with the "bread crumb" mixture. Baked it at 350 for about 25 minutes and we had a deliciously healthy side dish! (I don't think the boy believed these were healthy, they were that good!) We ate them with ketchup and it was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment